Afghani Beef Biryani
One of the most tastiest recipe by bhabkitchen, a taste you will remember for your life time. Cook this yummy tasty biryani for your family and friends, let them enjoy one of the taste of lifetime!
Cuisine: Asian / Afghani
|3||Ginger garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|4||Onion||2 medium, blend into paste|
|5||Tomato||2 medium, chopped|
|7||Green chilies||5 to 6|
|9||Black cardamom (bari ilaichi)||2|
|10||Green cardamom (choti ilaich)||4|
|11||Cinnamon stick (daar cheeni)||1 piece|
|12||Cloves (laung)||5 to 6|
|13||Peppercorns (kaali mirch)||5 to 6|
|14||Dried plums (aloo bukharay)||5 to 6|
|15||Star anise (badiyan phool)||2 to 3|
|16||Coriander powder||1 tablespoon|
|17||Cumin powder||1 tablespoon|
|19||Yellow food color||As needed|
|22||Potato||3 medium, boiled|
|23||Reed chili powder||1 teaspoon|
How to Cook AFGHANI BEEF BIRYANI:
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Boil meat with salt and ginger garlic paste till tender.
- Boil potatoes till cooked.
- Heat ghee in a pot and fry peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, black and green cardamom.
- Once they start to crackle (karkaranay lagein), add boiled meat.
- Stir fry for five minutes then add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, dried plums, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, onion paste and tomatoes.
- Fry on high flame and add water when tomatoes become soft.
- Bring water to boil then add soaked rice, boiled potatoes and green chilies.
- When water is about to dry, sprinkle food color (mixed in milk) over the rice.
- Once water is completely dried, cover the pot tightly and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Tip: Serve with raita and fresh green salad.