Tired of typical savoury breakfasts? Well why not bring a sweet twist to your breakfasts by mixing easily available ingredients to make banana French toast!. Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing the recipe of yummy and unique French toast that guarantees smile on the faces of your friends family. A good option for Sunday family breakfast!
Type: Dessert / Breakfast
Ingredients for Banana brown glaze:
|1||Bananas (sliced)||4 pieces|
|2||Vanilla Essence||1/2 teaspoon|
|3||Cinnamon Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|4||Brown Sugar||6 tablespoon|
Ingredients for custard:
|2||French Bread (cubes)||1 small loaf|
|4||Heavy Cream||1/2 cup|
|5||Vanilla Essence||1 teaspoon|
|7||Cinnamon Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|8||Brown Sugar||6 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing baked banana French toast:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C.
- To make the banana glaze, melt butter then add brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla essence over medium heat. Simmer and add the sliced bananas.
- To make the custard, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, heavy cream and milk. Beat well using electric mixer or by hand. Add the French bread and make sure the bread is mixed well with the liquid.
- Spread the bread into greased baking pan. Pour banana glaze and sliced bananas on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread turns golden brown.
- Once baked, cut out square slices and serve hot with bananas and sugar glaze on top.
- Toasts can be topped with brown sugar.