A dish your family is always in love with Beef Nihari, with bhabiskitchen touch it becomes more delicious, spicy and mouth watering, we add flavors and colors to represent you as super cook, in turn a great mom and loving wife, with a super taste in hand!
|1||Beef (with bone marrow)||1 kg|
|2||Onion||1 large, diced|
|3||Red Chilli Powder||2 tablespoons|
|4||Turmeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|5||Coriander Powder||1 teaspoon|
|6||Dried Ginger (Sonth) crushed (kuchal len)||3 pieces|
|7||Garlic Powder||1 teaspoon|
|8||Fennel Seeds (saunf)||2 tablespoons|
|9||White Cumin Seeds||2 teaspoon|
|10||Green Cardamom (chotii ilaichi)||5-6 piece|
|11||Cloves (laung)||7-8 pieces|
|12||Black Peppers (Kali mirch)||13-15 pieces|
|13||Cinnamon Stick||2 medium|
|14||Black Cardamom (bari ilaichi)||2-3 (de-seeded. Beech nikal len)|
|15||Nutmeg & Mace Powder (jaifal jaivitri)||½ teaspoon|
|16||Tatri Powder||A small pinch|
|20||Lemon, Coriander Leaves and Chilies||For garnish|
Procedure for preparing Beef Nihari:
- In a grinder (food processor), grind all ingredients listed from number 3 to 16 to form Nihari Masala. If you want to store masala for later use, then you may double/triple the quantity.
- Take a saucepan / pot and heat oil. Fry diced onion till color changes to light golden.
- Add beef and fry (bhoon lein) for 5-10 minutes.
- Add nihari masala prepared in step 1. Stir well.
- Add water and cover the pot till meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Once meat becomes tender, fry on high flame again (dobara bhoon lein).
- Now add 3-4 cups of water to the meat.
- Dry roast 2 tabelspoon of flour (khusk bhoon lein) and dissolve it in half cup of water.
- Gradually pour flour mixture to Nihari while stirring constantly. Let it simmer for ten minutes then turn off the flame.
- Heat ghee/oil and fry onion till dark brown to pour over nihari as a “bhagaar”.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and green chilies.
Tip: Serve with lemon wedges and naan. Add more flour mixture if Nihari is too runny.