Bhabi’s Kitchen likes to prepare different type of cuisine every other day. Today, we are sharing Malaysian’s multicultural recipe of Beef Penang modified to justify desi taste buds. Prepare with egg fried rice or plain chapatti, everybody will surely like this new recipe at their home’s menu card. Try it out and let us know your feedback by leaving comments.
Type: Beef / Gravy / Curry
|1||Beef (boneless)||250 grams|
|4||Onion||1 medium, roughly cubed or chopped|
|5||Ginger||1 inch piece|
|6||Capsicum (red, yellow or green colored)||1 cup, cut in strips|
|7||Red Chilli Whole (sabit lal mirch)||4-5, soaked in water|
|9||Salt||As per taste|
|10||Coconut Milk||¼ cup|
|11||Brown Sugar||1 ½ teaspoon|
|12||Lemon Juice||2-3 tablespoon|
|13||Basil/Tulsi Leaves||4 or 5|
|14||Coriander Leaves||½ cup, chopped|
|15||Peanuts (moong phalli danay)||2-3 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Beef Penang:
- First, boil beef separately with added salt. Keep it aside.
- Take a blender and make a paste of red chilies, green chilies, ginger, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Add small amount of water.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute cubed or chopped onion until it becomes transparent in color. Take fried onion on kitchen paper and keep it aside. Similarly, fry capsicum strips for few minutes then take them out on kitchen paper.
- In same oil, fry peanuts and basil/tulsi leaves until becomes fragrant.
- Add prepared paste (in step 2) and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add boiled beef and mix well.
- Now add coconut milk and mix well. Let it cook on medium flame for 5-10 minutes. Do not cook on high flame or curry will dry out.
- In the end, add fried onion and capsicums. Add brown sugar. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Tip: You can also use fresh cream if coconut milk is not available. Serve with fried rice or chapatti.