An Asian treat, loved by kids and adults both, mostly prepared by Gandmas for their beloved grandchildren!
|1||Gram Flour / Besan||½ kg|
|2||Grounded Sugar||½ kg|
|3||Clarified Butter / ghee||1 ½ cup|
|4||Green cardamom / sabz ilaichi||15 – 20|
|5||Chopped Pistachios or almonds or raisins (kishmish)||For topping or garnishing|
- Take a deep bot and fry/roast besan (bhoon lein) over low flame for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep stirring with spoon to avoid burning of besan.
- Add ghee (melted for better results) while stirring the besan.
- Keep frying till color changes evenly and ghee appears (5 to 7 minutes).
- Take the pot off stove and start mixing sugar and besan thoroughly.
- Let it cool at room temperature.
- Add seeds of green cardamom and make small balls (laddu).
- Sprinkle almonds or pistachios or raisins over laddu for refined taste.
Tip: You can also add grounded/chopped dry fruits at step # 5. In case you are unable to make proper shaped laddus then you may put the mixture in refrigerator for half an hour. This will cause the ghee to turn into more solid form.