Besan Pakora Curry recipe by Bhabi’s Kitchen is sure to change the moods and bring excitement at the dining table! A traditional dish enjoyed best with chapati and rice. Do not forget to serve this dish with Bhabi’s Kitchen “Hari Mirch Achaar” to bring in extra flavors. Share it with your friends & family members.
Cuisine: Asian – Punjabi
Type: Gravy / Main Dish / Curry
|1||Gram Flour / Baisan||2 cups|
|4||Red Chili Powder||2 tablespoon (or less as per taste)|
|5||Coriander Powder||2 tablespoon heaped|
|6||Turmeric Powder||1 tablespoon|
|7||Ginger Garlic paste||2 tablespoon|
|1||Gram Flour / Baisan||1/2 cup|
|3||Red Chili Powder||1.5 teaspoon|
|4||Eating Soda (meetha soda)||1/4 teaspoon|
|1||Cumin Seeds (zeera)||2 teaspoons|
|2||Green Chillies||8-10, chopped|
|3||Whole Red Chillies||8-10|
|5||Onion||1 medium, finely sliced or chopped|
|6||Oil (mustard oil or any other oil)||3-4 tablespoons|
Procedure for preparing Pakora:
- Take a bowl and mix entire ingredients well.
- Gradually add water to make smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a wok and drop pakora batter into hot oil using spoon or fingers.
- Let it fry until it turns golden-brown and crisp.
- Take them out on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Repeat same process till all batter is consumed. Keep fried pakoras aside.
Procedure for preparing Besan Pakora Curry:
- Mix and whisk well all the ingredients together in a pot (deghchi) until well-blended. Make sure there are no lumps in curry. In case lumps are formed, break them using wooden spoon or fingers. Curry batter should be smooth.
- Turn on the stove and keep stirring the mixture with wooden spoon until it starts to boil. Otherwise gram flour/baisan will stick to the base of pot.
- Let it cook on low heat for 4 to 6 hours. Stir the mixture occasionally and add water if it becomes too thick.
- Now add pakoras into pot and cover the lid so that pakoras are soaked & become soft.
- In a separate pan, heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil. Put cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle, add chopped/slices onion.
- Fry onion till it turns golden in color. Add chopped green chilies, whole red chilies and curry leaves. Fry for 2-3 minutes then pour this bhagaar in pot of curry.
- Serve with zeera rice or chapatti.
Tip: Using sour yogurt adds a nice taste to the curry.