Burhani Raita, a raita full of taste, coolness of yogurt, richness of fresh vegetables, something special raita to serve with naan or biryani etc
|1||Eggplants (Gol Bengan)||½ Kg|
|4||Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|5||Chaat Masala||1 teaspoon|
|7||Cumin / Zeera||1 teaspoon|
|8||Red Whole Chilies / Sabit Laal Mirch||6 to 8|
How to prepare Burhani Raita:
- Peel the eggplants and cut thin circular slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry eggplants till color changes. Put them aside to cool.
- Whisk yogurt to form a smooth texture (like raita). Mix salt and red chili powder. Pour raita in a wide dish.
- Put fried eggplants over the yogurt.
- Now, heat some oil in pan and fry cumin and red whole chilies. This will form a “bhagaar”.
- Put the bhagaar over the dish, sprinkle chaat masala and serve immediately.
Tip: Serve with Mix Sabzi or plain naan or biryani etc