Not everyone is a fan of Brain Masala but this simple recipe by Bhabi’s Kitchen is bound to make all enjoy dishes like brain masala. Prepare it for Sunday breakfast with paratha or dinner with daal chawal and let us know how it turned out.
|1||Cow Brain (maghaz)||1|
|3||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|5||Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|6||Turmeric Powder||¼ teaspoon|
|7||Salt||To taste, preferably less than usual|
|8||Garam Masala Powder||½ teaspoon|
|9||Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon|
|10||Coriander Leaves||Chopped for garnish|
|11||Green Chillies||Chopped for garnish|
|12||Ginger||Sliced for garnish|
Procedure for preparing Brain Masala:
- In a deep pot, boil brain with salt and turmeric powder until it becomes firm. Drain the water and carefully remove all veins (nasein etc saaf kerlein). Cut it into pieces.
- Take another pot (pateeli) and heat oil. Fry chopped onion till it becomes golden brown.
- Now add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Now add brain pieces and cover the pot to let it cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Check if brain has been cooked and oil is separated from masala. Turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder, lemon juice, green chilies, coriander leaves and ginger slices.
Tip: Serve warm with Naan. This recipe can be substituted for goat brain as well. Use 3-4 goat brains if following exact proportions.