Let’s prepare Chicken Shashlik at home using Bhabi’s Kitchen simple recipe. With delicious taste and aroma of homemade BBQ sauce; this dish is sure to please your family & friends. We would love to hear your feedback… do share by leaving comments.
|1||Chicken Boneless||½ kg, cut in cubes|
|2||Soy Sauce||2 tablespoon|
|3||Salt & Black Pepper||To taste|
|5||Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|9||Bamboo Sticks or Skewers||As needed|
|For BBQ Sauce|
|14||Garlic||3 cloves, finely chopped|
Procedure for cooking Chicken Shashlik:
- Marinate chicken cubes with salt, black pepper, red chilli powder, soy sauce and vinegar for 30-45 minutes.
- Cut all vegetables in squares (chakor kaat lein) and keep them aside.
- Prepare the bbq sauce while chicken is being marinated. Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped garlic.
- Once garlic turns golden brown, add chopped tomatoes. Fry on high flame for 1-2 mins then add water to cook tomatoes. You can also add tomato paste if in hurry.
- When tomatoes become tender, add vinegar, salt and sugar. Let it simmer on low flame.
- Add ketchup in the end and mix well. Bbq sauce is ready.
- Take bamboo sticks or skewers and insert marinated chicken cubes with squared vegetables one after another. Repeat this step till all chicken cubes are inserted.
- Heat grill or non-stick frying pan with little oil. Fry chicken shashlik turning on all sides till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Brush with oil when needed.
- When all chicken shashlik sticks are cooked, gather them in pan and pour bbq sauce. Toss well on high flame to bring the aroma of sauce.
- Mix well and turn off the flame.
Tip: Serve with steamed rice, sautéed vegetables or chapati.