Wish to prepare a nice crispy appetizer for a dinner party? Bhabi’s Kitchen is here to help! Below is a recipe of Chinese Spring Rolls which serves as a perfect appetizer or tea-time snack. You can also freeze in batches and fry instantly when needed; instead of buying frozen packages at grocery store. Try it out and share with your family & friends.
Type: Snack / Fried
|1||Chicken Mince (keema)||½ kg|
|2||Carrot||1 cup, grated|
|3||Cabbage||1 cup, finely chopped|
|4||Spring Onion||½ cup, finely chopped|
|5||Capsicum||1 cup, finely chopped|
|6||Egg||2 boiled and chopped|
|7||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|8||Salt & Black Pepper||To taste|
|9||Soy Sauce||2 tablespoon|
|10||Red Chili Sauce (or chili powder)||1 teaspoon|
|11||Oil||For cooking chicken and frying rolls|
|12||Rolls Wrap (maanda)||As needed|
|13||Corn Flour||1 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Chinese Spring Rolls:
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a cooking pot and fry chicken mince till it turns brownish color. Now add ginger garlic paste and stir it continuously.
- Add salt, black pepper, red chili powder/sauce and soy sauce to the chicken mince.
- Keep cooking till meat becomes tender. Add water if necessary. When oil starts to leave sides and mince is thoroughly cooked, turn off the flame.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoon of oil in a separate pot/wok (karahi) and toss all vegetables except spring onions. Stir fry vegetables on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken mince to the fried vegetables and mix well. Turn off the flame after 1 minute.
- Add spring onions and boiled chopped eggs to the chicken vegetable mixture. Mix well.
- Check the seasoning/taste and add salt & pepper if necessary. Keep it aside to let it cool at room temperature.
- Prepare roll sticking “glue” by dissolving corn flour to ¼ cup of water.
- Spread roll wrap/sheet (maanda) and put 1 (or 1.5) tablespoon of filling. Wrap it carefully to form a shape of spring rolls. At the end, apply “glue” (prepared in step # 8) using fingertips. Seal the roll and keep aside. Repeat the same procedure for all wraps.
- Heat oil in a wok (karahi) for deep frying and fry rolls till they turn golden-brown.
Tip: Do not over-fill the roll; more filling can cause rolls to break during frying. Cover all prepared rolls under a damp/moist cloth to prevent drying out.