A luxurious dessert – tarts with chocolate ganache! Bhabi’s Kitchen provides a mouth-watering dessert recipe which you can make ahead for a dinner party. Try it out and share with your friends & family.
|1||All-purpose flour (Maida)||150 g|
|2||Chilled butter||75 g|
|3||Caster sugar||25 g|
|6||Cooking chocolate||1 cup|
Procedure for preparing tart/pastry:
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Grease the baking tray or tart pan and set aside.
- To make the pastry, take a bowl and rub the flour and chilled butter together with your fingertips until it looks like crumbs. Don’t over mix otherwise the heat of your fingertips will melt the butter. Make sure the mix stays cold and crumble.
- Now add caster sugar and beaten egg in the crumbs and mix well until it comes together to form a ball. Press the pastry ball to make small roughly shaped circle and wrap it in cling film. Put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll the pastry thin using rolling pin (bailan).
- Line the pastry on greased tart pan or baking tray and press downward plus side-ways using your fingertips. To get rid of the unwanted pastry falling off the edges, you can roll a rolling pin on the top of the tray.
- Prick the surface/base with a fork so that pastry doesn’t rise while baking.
- Back the pastry for 20 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Once it’s baked, put it on the wire rack to cool.
- Pour cold ganache on the ready tart and let it set.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Pour the cream in pan and cook for a minute then add softened chocolate in hot cream and let it sit for some time then mix well. Cool it in the freezer and apply on cool cake.
Tip: Decorate your chocolate ganache tart with some whipped cream or butter cream with cherries.