Soft, creamy and crunchy chocolate hazelnut mousse is a must try this Eid!. A unique dessert to surprise your guests. No rocket science required for this easy dessert, if hazelnuts not available you can opt for walnuts or almonds. Chill and serve this creamy mousse with whipped cream and wafers or biscuits.
|1||Hazelnuts (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|2||Castor Sugar||1/4 cup|
|3||Dark Chocolate (chopped)||1 cup|
|5||Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread||3/4 cup|
|6||Vanilla Essence||1/4 teaspoon|
|7||Icing sugar||1 tablespoon|
|8||Whipped Cream (beaten)||1 1/2 cup|
Procedure for preparing Hazelnut Praline:
- Melt the sugar in non-stick pan on medium heat until turns brown. Avoid mixing sugar with spoon during this process.
- Add hazelnut and mix well. Pour the mixture on parchment paper and let it set. Once set, crush it with a rolling pin
Procedure for preparing Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse:
- Combine chocolate and milk on a double boiler and mix well to avoid any lumps. Strain the mixture and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate hazelnut spread, vanilla essence, icing sugar, beaten whipped cream, hazelnut praline and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into small individual bowls or a baking pan and refrigerate for 3-4 hours atleast.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve chilled.
- Milk chocolate can be used instead of dark chocolate.
- You can prepare chocolate milk mixture on microwave. Put the milk and chocolate in microwave for 40 seconds and mix well.