Chocolate lovers! Bhabi’s Kitchen brings mouth-watering chocolate malt cake especially for you. This cake with chocolate malt icing is amazing. Make restaurant quality chocolate malt cake at home and give a special Eid treat to your family!.
Ingredients for chocolate cake
|1||All Purpose Flour||2 1/4 cup|
|2||Sugar||1 1/4 cup|
|3||Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||3/4 cup|
|4||Baking Soda||1 1/2 teaspoon|
|5||Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|8||Chocolate Horlicks||1 cup|
|9||Vegetable Oil||1 cup|
|10||Eggs||3 large pieces|
|11||Sour Cream||1 cup|
|12||Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
Ingredients for chocolate malt frosting
|1||Butter (softened)||1 cup|
|2||Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1/2 cup|
|3||Heavy Whipping Cream||3/4 cup|
|4||Chocolate Horlicks||1/2 cup|
|5||Icing Sugar||3 cups|
|6||Cream Cheese||4-5 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing chocolate cake:
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease 2 (9 inch) baking pans and lay parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a bowl, make the flour mixture by combining sieved all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, dissolve chocolate Horlicks in milk. Add milk mixture, oil, and eggs to flour mixture. Beat at medium speed using electric beater until smooth.
- Combine sour cream and vanilla extract into the mixture. Once all the ingredients are mixed, beat the mixture well with an electric beater for a minute or two to avoid any lumps.
- Pour the mixture evenly in the baking pans. Make sure to fill half of the pan to give some space to cake to rise. Tap the pan on the surface to get rid of air bubbles.
- Put the pans in centre grill and bake for 30 minutes or until skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Once cakes are baked, let them cool in pans for 10 minutes. Later, remove cakes from pans and put on wire racks to cool completely.
- Apply the chocolate malt frosting on one cool cake and put another cake on top of it. Press down gently then cover the whole cake with frosting. Let it set in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Procedure for preparing chocolate malt frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cocoa powder using electric beater until creamy.
- Combine cream and chocolate Horlicks and add into butter mixture. Beat the mixture at low speed until all the ingredients are well combined. Gradually add icing sugar and cream cheese while beating until smooth.
- If Chocolate Horlicks not available you can use Milo or Ovaltine or any other malted milk powder.
- To apply the chocolate malt frosting easily, put the cake in freezer for some time.
- Decorate the cake with sprinkles, bounties or whipped cream.