Chocolate lovers! Bhabi’s Kitchen brings mouth-watering cocoa coffee cake especially for you. This cake with cocoa coffee is simply amazing. Frost your cocoa coffee cake with chocolate malt frosting and its recipe is available on our website. Make restaurant quality cocoa coffee cake at home and give a special birthday, Christmas or Thanks Giving treat to your family!.
Ingredients for cocoa coffee cake:
|1||All Purpose Flour||1 3/4 cup|
|3||Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||3/4 cup|
|4||Baking Soda||2 teaspoon|
|5||Baking Powder||1 teaspoon|
|7||Butter Milk||1 cup|
|9||Vegetable Oil||1/2 cup|
|10||Vanilla Extract||2 teaspoon|
|11||Strong Black Coffee (diluted)||1 cup|
Procedure for preparing cocoa coffee cake:
- Pre heat oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease 2 (9 inch) baking pans and lay parchment paper on the bottom.
- In a bowl, make the flour mixture by combining sieved all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix with electric blender or hand until all the dry ingredients are well combined.
- In the flour mixture, add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed using electric beater. The mixture will be thin.
- Pour the mixture evenly into prepared baking pans. Make sure to fill half of the pan (s) to give some space to cake to rise. Tap the pan on the surface to get rid of air bubbles.
- Put the pans in center grill and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Once cakes are baked, let them cool in pans for 10 minutes. Later, remove cakes from pans and put on wire racks to cool completely.
- Apply the frosting of your choice on one cool cake and put another cake on top of it. Press down gently then cover the whole cake with frosting. Let it set in refrigerator for 1-2 hour.
- Your favourite Cocoa Coffee Cake is ready to be served.
- To apply the frosting easily, put the cake in freezer for some time.
- Decorate the cake with sprinkles, bounties or whipped cream.