Crispy chicken steak with gravy/sauce and sauté vegetables is surely hard to resist. A great treat for all the family members!. Fry them with coating of breadcrumbs or all-purpose flour to enjoy the crisps while eating.
Type: Savory / steak
Ingredients for chicken steak:
|2||All Purpose Flour||2 cups|
|4||Black Pepper (freshly ground)||2 teaspoon|
|6||Chicken Steaks (tenderized)||2 large pieces|
|9||Red Chili Powder||2 teaspoon|
Ingredients for white sauce:
|1||All Purpose Flour||1/3 cup|
|3||Black Pepper (freshly ground)||As needed|
Procedure for preparing crispy chicken steak :
- Marinate the tenderized chicken steaks by adding salt, pinch of black pepper, red chili powder and paprika. Apply well on the chicken steaks and set aside for an hour sometime.
- Set up an assembly line to coat marinated chicken steaks. Mix flour, salt, paprika and black pepper in one bowl, egg and milk in another bowl.
- Take a piece of marinated chicken and place in the flour mixture. Coat well and put in egg/milk mixture. Turn the chicken to coat all over. Repeat the process of coating chicken in dry/wet mixture few times. Once you see that chicken is well coated, place it on a plate and repeat the same process with other chicken pieces.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the butter and melt. Place the chicken pieces and let them cook from one side until you notice light brown edges. Turn over and fry from the other side until chicken tenders and coating turns golden brown. Place the chicken on kitchen towel to drain excess oil and keep warm.
Procedure for preparing white sauce:
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Pour all-purpose flour and whisk well. Once it turns light golden add milk and keep whisking to avoid any lumps. Add salt and pepper. Add more milk if you find gravy thick. Whisk constantly until you reach the right consistency.
- Take a plate, place chicken steaks and pour white sauce on the edge of the steaks and serve with ketchup, rice or mashed potatoes.
- Once chicken steaks are fried, do not cover them otherwise they will turn soggy.
- Serve the crispy chicken steaks with garlic bread to add more flavours to the dish. Recipe of garlic bread is available on our website.