Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a simple and easy recipe of cooking Onion Rings at home. Just follow below recipe and you are sure to enjoy the crunchiness and crispy texture of these onion rings. Everyone would want more – it makes an excellent appetizer or side-dish.
Type: Fast Food / Sideline
|1||Onion||1 or 2 large|
|2||Oil||For deep frying|
|3||All-purpose flour (maida)||1 cup|
|6||Milk||2 tablespoon (or more if needed)|
Procedure for preparing Crunchy Onion Rings:
- Cut the onion into circular rings 1cm wide. Separate the rings and soak them in chilled water for 15-20 minutes. Put them on a strainer to remove water.
- Take a bowl and whisk together egg, milk & all-purpose flour. If more milk is needed then add in small quantity. The batter should be thick.
- Heat oil in a deep wok/karahi.
- Coat sliced onion rings in batter and carefully put them in hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes till color becomes golden brown.
- Take them out on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve with ketchup or mayo-garlic sauce.