Bhabi is fasting, today its our turn to prepare the Iftaar, it would be the best to serve something different, yes its bhabiskitchen extravaganza Daal Pakora! Try it out and come up with something different! Be different!
|1||Chana Daal/Bengal/Gram||½ Cup|
|2||Onion||1 medium sized|
|3||Green Chilies||4 to 5|
|4||Coriander Seeds (saabut dhaniya)||1 tablespoon|
|5||Red Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
|7||Cumin (zeera)||1 teaspoons|
|8||Eating (Meetha) Soda||A pinch|
|9||Fresh Coriander Leaves||2 tablespoons|
|10||Oil||For deep frying|
How to Cook Daal Chana Pakora:
- Soak half cup of Chana/Bengal/Gram Daal for 3 to 4 hours in water. After soaking, drain the water.
- Take a food processor / blender and add soaked Daal, onion (diced) and green chilies (cut in half).
- Blend the mixture with small quantity of water. Make sure the mixture doesn’t have runny texture. It should be smooth. Add more water if it’s too thick and blend.
- Now pour the mixture in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients i.e Coriander Seeds, Red Chili Powder, Salt, Cumin (Zeera), Eating (Meetha) Soda, Fresh Coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat oil in Karahi. With a help of spoon, put small amount of mixture in karahi for frying. Fry till color becomes golden brown.
- Take out the fritters/Pakora on a serving plate over kitchen tissue paper to drain the excess oil. Serve hot.
Tip: Best enjoyed with green or imli chutney at evening tea time. A good snack for Iftar during Ramadan.