Bhabi’s Kitchen is bringing you a simple yet delicious recipe of preparing Daal Makhni. Full of nutrition and proteins, this recipe is healthy as well as tasty. Try it at home with tawa-hot chapaties and your favorite chutney.
Cuisine: Asian – Punjabi
Type: Main Dish / Gravy
|1||Kidney Beans (lobia)||¼ cup, soaked and cooked|
|2||Black Masoor Daal||½ cup|
|3||Turmeric Powder||1 teaspoon|
|5||Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|6||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|7||Fresh Cream||¼ cup|
|8||Coriander Leaves||For garnish|
|9||Green Chilies||4-5, halved|
|12||Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Daal Makhni:
- Boil kidney beans till tender and soft.
- Soak Black Masoor Daal for one hour.
- Take a pot and put masoor daal with turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Let it cook on low flame till it’s cooked and tender. Once cooked, add cooked kidney beans, fresh cream and mix. Now turn the flame off.
- In a separate pan, heat butter and fry cumin seeds. Once they start to crackle, add green chilies & garlic cloves. Bhagaar is prepared.
- Pour this bhagaar over cooked daal. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Serve scrumptious Daal Makhni with zeera rice or chapatti with fresh salad of your choice.