A great treat for all the family members! Let it be iftaar or Eid you certainly have a chance to show your cooking skills to your family by making these fried kachoris. Serve them with spicy Aloo Tarkari or Chana Salan!
Cuisine: South Asian / Pakistani
Type: Savory / Sideline / Snack / Lunch
|1||Chana Dal||125 grams|
|2||All Purpose Flour (maida)||1/2 kilo|
|4||Cumin Seeds (zeera)||1/2 teaspoon|
|5||Water||As needed for kneading and boiling|
|6||Oil||60 grams for dough|
|7||Oil||As needed for frying|
|8||Black Pepper (crushed)||1 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Dal Filling:
- Boil the chana dal in water with salt. Once soft, take it off the heat and grind in the food processor with crushed black pepper.
Procedure for preparing Kachori Dough:
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose plain flour, salt, cumin and oil. Knead well by gradually adding water. Make sure the dough is soft.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Later, make small balls of the dough, press at the center and fill each with 1 teaspoon of chana dal.
- Seal the dough by pressing them with finger tips and roll them gently on the greased work surface.
- Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil until turns golden brown. Drain on kitchen tissue to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney raita, aloo tarkari or qeema.
- Pour the oil on kachori with slotted spoon while frying to make it fluffy.
- Make sure there aren’t any holes in kachori dough for the air to escape while frying.