Dhakai Kacchi Biryani
Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing unique and out of box way of cooking biryani. If you are comfortable with slow cooking and is fond of incorporating all the flavors and spices together for the best aroma then this recipe is surely for you. Cook it for lunch or dinner with our recipe and collect all the praises from your friends and family for sure.
|6||Dry red chilies||5 pieces|
|7||Cumin Seeds||1 tablespoon|
|8||Coriander Seeds||1 tablespoon|
|12||Onion (fried)||1 large piece|
|14||Ginger & Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
|15||Potatoes (cut in cubes and parboiled)||2 pieces|
|17||Atta dough||A small ball|
|18||Kewra Essence||1 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Dhakai Kacchi Biryani:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes at least. Then boil them with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, few whole cardamom, cinnamon and cloves until soft.
- To make the biryani masala, dry roast cloves ,cinnamon, cardamom, javitri, jaiphal, dry red chilies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a dry pan. Avoid over cooking of the spices. Once all the spices are roasted, grind them into a powder and set aside.
- Marinate the mutton with 2 tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes then wash it with water. Now add biryani masala, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, some fried onion and mix well. Cover and marinate for 3-4 hours preferably overnight.
- Grease the pot with some oil. First add some mutton masala , potatoes, fried onion and then cooked rice. Repeat the process of making layers of masala, potatoes, fried onion and rice. In the end add kewra essence.
- Cover the pot with lid and seal it completely with atta dough. Put tawa/skillet on stove then pot on top of it for slow cooking for minimum an hour or until mutton tenders.
- Once cooked, Dhakai Kacchi Biryani is ready to be served hot.
Tip: To get more flavors infused, marinate the mutton masala overnight.
Yellow food colour diluted in kewra essence can be used to give biryani a traditional look.