Dum Pukht chicken is a famous Hyderabadi nawabi dish. Cooked in slow heat with delicious spices. Try this easy to cook dum pukht chicken which is not only tempting but healthy too. Serve it hot for lunch or dinner with pav or naan.
|4||Sesame Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|5||Coconut (desiccated)||2 tablespoon|
|7||White Cumin||1 teaspoon|
|8||Onion (chopped)||1 cup|
|9||Poppy Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|10||Curry Leaves||15 pieces|
|11||Black Pepper Corns (kaali mirch)||6 pieces|
|13||Cinnamon||1 inch stick|
|14||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Dum Pukht Chicken:
- Roast and grind sesame seeds, poppy seeds, peanuts, desiccated coconut and almonds.
- In a pot, heat the oil and fry curry leaves, white cumin, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper corns and chopped onion until turns golden brown. Now add ginger garlic paste, yogurt, grinded masala, salt, paprika and cook for few minutes.
- Add chicken and mix well. Make sure chicken is fully covered with spices. Cover the pot with lid and let in cook in slow heat till tenders.
- Once cooked, garnish with coriander , lemon and tomato slices.
- You can use chicken pieces or whole chicken.
- Dum Pukht can be cooked in oven in water bath for an hour or until chicken tenders.