This summer prepare everyone’s favorite Biryani with fish – little different than usual. Bhabi’s Kitchen brings you a spicy fish biryani recipe with easy-to-follow step by step instructions. Serve it warm with raita and salad to your friends & family. Do give it a try and let us know how it turned out by leaving comment on our website (or Facebook).
|2||Rice (soaked in water)||500 grams|
|5||Tomatoes (chopped)||3 pieces|
|6||Onion (chopped)||3 pieces|
|7||Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
|8||Green Chilies||5 pieces|
|9||Mint Leaves (chopped)||1/4 cup|
|10||Coriander Leaves (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|11||Lemon Juice||3-4 tablespoon|
|13||Chili Powder||2 tablespoon|
|15||Bay Leaves||3 pieces|
Procedure for preparing Fish Biryani:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes at least. Then boil them with salt, bay leaves and cardamom. Once 3/4th cooked (do kanni), drain the water.
- Add salt, chili powder, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, cumin and turmeric in yogurt and mix well. Coat pieces of fish in the mixture and marinate for an hour.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pot and fry sliced onions until turn golden-brown. Add tomatoes in it and cook for atleast 5 minutes. Add marinated fish pieces and green chilies and cook till fish tenders. Avoid over stirring to make sure fish pieces do not break.
- In another pot/vessel, To finalize biryani, put layer of half cooked rice at the bottom of the pot then pour half of fish masala mixture. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves. Repeat this step again.
- Let the rice simmer on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle some yellow food color if want to. Fish biryani is ready to be served.
Tip: Serve with raita and salad of your choice.