Gajar ka halwa by bhabiskitchen, a Mughal sweet made more special and delicious
Type: Sweet dish
|1||Gajar (carrot)||1 kg|
|4||Kalakand (Sweet from Mitahiee shop) (optional)||100 gm( 1 piece)|
|6||Brown Sugar||200 gm.|
|7||Almond Crushed||125 gm.|
|10||Kewra essence water||4 tablespoon|
|11||Silver waraq||15 nos.|
How to make Gajar ka halwa :
- Peel the carrot and take out the middle yellowish part of the it then grate the remaining red part.
- Now add the grated carrot, Kalakand in milk and cook it on low flame.
- When the milk is about to dry, add brown sugar, stir and cook it until the mixture dries and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now in another pan fry khoya till it turns brown, add cardamom to it a fry for a little while, 20 to 30 seconds only.
- To this browned khoya and cardamom pan add the dried mixture of carrots.
- Cook the above until you smell the carrots and ghee becomes separate from carrot’s mixture..
- Now add kewra essence and almonds and cook it more for 20 to 30 seconds only.
- Now garnish it with almonds and pistachio and paste silver warq.
- Your dish it cooked and it is ready to be served.
Note: Bhabiskitchen is an environment friendly website, our message for this post is while doing your dishes, use a tub of water with dish washing liquid, dip your dishes in it, and then clean ithem with running water. Use water sprinklers with your kitchen Tap, easily available at hardware store. Water sprinklers are mounted at kitchen tap to sprinkle water, even on less water pressure, so you do not have to open the tap completely and less water is wasted. Love nature, conserve nature!