Achaar (pickle) making process can be very easy, if you have right guidance and a simple recipe: Bhabhi’s Kitchen brings you both. Following recipe results in a perfect chatkharay daar achaar which shall enhance your plain menu of Daal Chawal. Try it out and share with family & friends.
Cuisine: Asian – Hyderabadi
Type: Sideline / Pickle
|1||Green Chilies (moti wali)||½ kg|
|2||Mustard Oil (sarson ka tail)||250ml|
|3||Red Chili Flakes (kuti lal mirch)||1 teaspoon|
|5||Turmeric Powder||1 ½ teaspoon|
|6||Fennel Seeds (saunf)||1 tablespoon|
|7||Cumin (sabit zeera)||1 tablespoon|
|9||Fenugreek Seeds (methidana)||½ teaspoon|
|10||Mustard Seeds (Rai)||½ teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Hari Mirch Achaar:
- Wash the chilies and spread them on kitchen towel to let them dry completely.
- Sprinkle salt generously over chilies and put them under sunlight for one hour.
- Now fry the chilies (remove excess salt) using little oil in frying pan.
- Put fried chilies in a jar. Add all spices mentioned in ingredients list.
- Warm mustard oil in a pot and pour into jar (be careful not to boil the oil – it should be warm).
- Shake the jar to mix all ingredients together.
- Now put the jar on kitchen rack (anywhere suitable) covered for 10-15 days.
Tip: Make sure wet spoon is not used while taking out pickle from jar. Enjoy with daal rice dishes.