Bhabhi’s Kitchen brings you an easy recipe of homemade tomato ketchup to save your budget while you go out for groceries. Try it out and share it with the ones you love! Share your feedback by leaving a comment below.
|2||Red Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
|3||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 teaspoon|
|7||Red Food Color (optional)||½ teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Homemade Ketchup:
- Bring tomatoes to boil then peel their skin off (chilka utaar lein).
- Blend boiled & peeled tomatoes into a smooth puree.
- Now add vinegar to the tomato puree and mix it well.
- In a deep pot, put tomato puree mixed with vinegar and let it cook on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt and red chili powder (and food color if being used) . Stir.
- Add sugar and let it cook till sugar is completely dissolved and 1/3rd of water is dried out (mixture should become thick).
- Let it cool at room temperature then store in dry & sterilized jars/bottles.