One of the most tasty recipes by bhabiskitchen’s expert chefs, a recipe that will change moods and cold winter, healthy diet to share with your loved ones. Make this awesome soup for your family and friends!
Type: Starter / Appetizer / Snack
|1||Chicken Broth/Stock (yakhni)||4-5 cups|
|2||Mushrooms||¼ cup, sliced|
|3||Spring Onions||½ cup, chopped|
|5||Salt & Black Pepper||To taste|
|6||Cooked Chicken||½ cup, shredded|
|7||Cabbage||½ cup, chopped|
|8||Carrots||½ cup, finely grated|
|9||Capsicum||¼ cup, finely chopped|
|11||Soy Sauce||3 tablespoons|
|12||Red Chili Sauce||3 tablespoons|
|13||Chili Garlic Ketcup||2 tablespoons, dissolved in water|
Procedure for preparing Hot & Sour Soup:
- In a pot (deghchi), bring chicken stock/broth to boil.
- Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, chili garlic ketchup, cooked chicken and chopped mushroom. Let it simmer on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornflour in water and gradually add into soup while stirring continuously.
- Now beat the egg and pour it in small portions into soup while stirring with fork to “thread” the egg (patla kerlein fork ki madad say jab anda daalein).
- Add salt, black pepper, vinegar and check the taste. Add more chili sauce or soy sauce to adjust to taste level.
- Now add all chopped vegetables and mix well. Cover the pot and let it cook for 5-7 minutes till vegetables become tender – but do not overcook. Turn off the heat.
Tip: Enjoy soup especially in winters with bread sticks or garlic bread.