Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani Recipe
This winter prepare everyone’s favorite Vegetable Biryani – little different than usual. Bhabi’s Kitchen brings you a spicy Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani right from Indian kitchens with easy-to-follow step by step instructions. Serve it warm with raita and salad to your friends & family. Try our recipe and let us know by commenting on our website or Facebook page.
Ingredients for cooking rice:
|1||Basmati rice||1 cup|
|5||Bay leaf||1 piece|
|7||Black pepper||10 pieces|
Ingredients for gravy:
|1||Onion||1 large piece|
|2||Potato (cubed)||1 piece|
|4||Carrot (chopped)||1 large piece|
|6||Beans (chopped)||4-5 pieces|
|7||Mint leaves||10 pieces|
|10||Red chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|11||Turmeric powder||½ teaspoon|
|15||Ginger garlic paste||2 tablespoon|
|16||Star anise, bay leaf and cinnamon||1 piece of each|
Ingredients for layering and assembling:
|1||Coriander leaves (chopped)||½ cup|
|2||Mint leaves||½ cup|
|3||Milk (optional)||½ cup|
|4||Saffron (diluted in kewra)||¼ teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani:
- Cook the basmati rice with all its ingredients until they are ¾ done or just cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry onions until turns golden. Set aside some for garnish.
- In the same pan, add cinnamon, cloves, star anise, bay leaf, cardamom and zeera. Cook for a minute then add ginger garlic paste and sauté until all mixed together.
- Next, add all the vegetables, salt, turmeric, red chili powder and sauté for about five minutes.
- Pour curd and cashew and mix well. Pour half glass of water and cook with lid on for about 10 minutes. Add mint and cover the lid again to cook for only a minute.
- To assemble the biryani, layer the rice and add all the layering and assembling ingredients.
- Now add cooked vegetable gravy and cover the lid with aluminum foil. Place the lid tightly to let biryani cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the Hyderabadi vegetable biryani on the tray and garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves.
- Avoid over cooking the vegetables to retain the freshness.
- Serve hot with raita and chutney.