Irani Koftay by bhabiskitchen, a recipe that will amplify the definition of taste and deliciousness for you, a recipe that will change you image as, Best cook in all and master of kitchen, Try out this yummy tasty recipe for your loved ones! Share your care!
Cuisine: Iranian – Asian
Type: Fried / Sideline
|1||Beef Mince (keema bagher charbi)||½ kg|
|3||Red Chilli Powder||1 ½ teaspoon|
|5||Chana Daal||½ cup|
|6||Garam Masala Powder||2 teaspoon|
|7||Raisins (kishmish)||¼ cup|
|13||Green Cardamom||5 or 6|
Procedure for preparing Irani Koftay :
- Soak almonds and pistachios in water then cut them finely.
- In a wok/pan, fry raisins (kishmish) in oil or ghee and keep them aside.
- Slice onion in form of rings then fry them in hot oil in a wok. Once it turns golden brown, turn the flame off and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix sliced almonds & pistachios, fried onions and fried raisins to prepare the filling.
- Take a food processor and put beef mince (keema), saffron, green cardamom, salt, red chili powder, bread slice, chana daal and all spice powder (garam masala). Grind till all ingredients mix well.
- Prepare koftay by taking mince and forming into small balls. At the center, put little amount of filling and bind the koftay/meatballs firmly. Repeat this step to prepare koftay of all mince and fillings.
- Beat egg in a bowl and roll over the koftays one at a time.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry prepared koftays till all sides turn brown in color. Take them out on a kitchen tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
Tip: Prepare kofta curry to serve these delicious koftay or serve as a sideline to rice and chapati.