Thinking what to prepare for your kid’s lunchbox? or what to serve as snack for evening tea with friends? Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a simple recipe of preparing Kabab Paratha Rolls with beef and chutney. Try it out and let us know your feedback!
Type: Rolls / Sideline / Snack
|1||All Purpose Flour (maida)||½ kg|
|2||Oil||To fry paratha|
|For Kabab Filling:|
|5||Beef boneless||½ kg|
|7||Raw Papaya Paste (kacha papeeta)||1 ½ tablespoon|
|8||Salt||As per taste|
|9||Turmeric Powder||½ teaspoon|
|10||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|11||Red Chili Powder||1 teaspoon (or more as per spice level)|
|12||Black Pepper||1 teaspoon|
|13||Garam Masala Powder||1 teaspoon|
|14||Onion||Sliced in rings as filling|
|15||Green Chutney||To apply on parathas|
Procedure for preparing Kabab Paratha Rolls:
- Marinate beef strips with raw papaya paste for 3-4 hours.
- In a bowl, mix marinated beef with ginger garlic paste, yogurt, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper and garam masala powde. Leave it to rest for 1-2 hours.
- Now either barbecue the beef strips or bake or simply cook in a pot with fried onions on slow flame until tender.
- To prepare paratha, make a dough by mixing all purpose flour with ghee and salt.
- Make small balls out of dough and roll them into paratha/roti round shape.
- Heat oil in a pan/tawa and fry paratha turning both sides to golden brown.
- Spread out paratha, apply green chutney and put cooked beef filling along with onion slices.
- Roll them into shape and put a toothpick at the center to stop them from opening up.
- Serve warm with raita or ketchup.
Tip: You can be creative with the filling by adding vegetables or using homemade shami kababs as well. Ideal for kids’ lunch box.