Would you like to prepare a traditional styled halwa but don’t know how? Bhabi’s Kitchen is giving a very easy to follow recipe with clear instructions to prepare Khajoor ka Halwa. Khajoor/dates are rich with nutrients and it’s halwa is not only satisfying for taste-buds but also good for health. Try it out and share with family & friends.
|1||Fresh Dates (khajoor)||½ kg|
|4||Chana Daal||250 grams|
|5||Clarified Butter /Ghee||250 grams|
|6||Cardamom Powder (ilaichi)||2 teaspoon|
|7||Almonds & Pistachious||For garnish|
Procedure for preparing Khajoor Ka Halwa:
- Wash the dates and let them soak in water for 30 minutes. After soaking, remove the seeds and keep them aside.
- Take a pot and put milk with chana daal. Let it bring to boil till chana daal is cooked and milk is dried out.
- In a food processor, blend cooked daal with soaked dates till they become of one form (yakjaan hojayein).
- Take a wok (karahi) and add ghee.
- Fry dates and daal mixture into hot ghee (bhoon lein).
- Add sugar while stirring continuously on a medium flame. Keep stirring without a break or dates will start to get burnt at the bottom of wok.
- When sugar water dries out, add cardamom powder along with dry fruits of your choice (almonds & pistachious as mentioned in ingredients).
- Take out prepared halwa on a greased plate evenly with greased spoon (so that halwa mixture doesn’t stick to the spoon).
- Leave the mixture for at least 20-30 minutes so that it’s cooled and ready for shapes.
- Now you can make a shape & size of your choice and serve to your family.
Tip: Take fresh and soft dates. Do not use non-stick wok; otherwise halwa mixture will not be mixed properly.