Koyla Karahi one of the most mouth watering desi food liked and loved by everyone. With bhabiskitchen touch the recipe is enhanced to the finest tastes. So dont miss out this special recipe and earn a reputation of a loving wife, caring mother and a proud cook for your family and friends!
|1||Chicken||1kg (cut into 16 pieces)|
|2||Onion, finely sliced||1 large or 2 medium|
|3||Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|4||Ginger (finely grated)||2 tablespoon|
|6||Green chilies||7 to 8|
|8||Red chili flakes (kutti hue)||1 tablespoon|
|9||Fenugreek seeds (methi dana)||½ tablespoon|
|10||Cumin seeds (zeera)||1 tablespoon, crushed|
|11||Coriander seeds (sabit dhaniya)||1 tablespoon, crushed|
|12||Dried fenugreek leaves (kasturi methi)||½ tablespoon|
|14||Fresh coriander leaves||For garnish|
How to Cook Koyla Karahi :
- Heat two tablespoon of oil in a pot and fry chopped tomatoes. Let them cook thoroughly till they become tender/soft. Now blend these tomatoes into a paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and put fenugreek seeds (methi dana). Once they start to crackle (karkarana), add finely sliced onion.
- Add garlic paste when onion starts to turn golden brown.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes then add chicken.
- Add red chili flakes and salt to the chicken and fry on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Add blended tomato paste which was prepared in step number 1. Mix well and let it cook.
- Once chicken is ready, add crushed cumin, coriander seeds, grated ginger, green chilies and fenugreek leaves (kasturi methi).
- Cover the lid and let it simmer for five minutes (dam dedein).
- Put a bread slice or piece of roti in chicken karahi and put a heated piece of coal/koyla on the bread.
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on heated coal / koyla and cover the lid tightly so that the fumes (dhuwan) stay inside the pot.
- After 5 to 7 minutes, remove the coal and bread/roti.
- Garnish with onion slices and fresh coriander leaves.
Tip: Serve with naan or chapatti
For Koyla Karahi recipe in Urdu follow the link below:
Koyla Karahi Recipe in Urdu