It’s not about recipes, it’s about cultures, bhabiskitchen introduces recipe from different cultures and countries tuned to our tastes, Lamingtom an Australian recipe reproduced by our experts tuned and optimised to the best of taste!
|1||Plain Sponge Cake||1|
|2||Icing Sugar||2 cups|
|3||Cocoa Powder||3 ½ tablespoons|
|6||Desiccated Coconut (khopra)||For coating|
Procedure for Lamingtons
- Sift cocoa powder and icing sugar together in a bowl (chaan lein).
- Take a pot/saucepan and heat the milk. Add butter. Let it cook till butter is completely melted. Turn off the flame.
- Now pour this cooked milk butter mixture into the bowl of icing sugar.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste (it should not be runny – behta huwa).
- Now cut the sponge cake into small squares. Using fork or fingers, pick one square and dip into icing mixture. Once all sides are completely dipped, roll gently into desiccated coconut for coating. Put coated square in a tray. Repeat till all squares are coated.
Tip: Sponge cake should be firm to hold the dipping plus coating.