Dinner menu is totally incomplete without a dessert! Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a very old and traditional Lazeez Kheer recipe with you. There are different varieties of Kheer… here we are sharing a simple one. We shall post other types like sawaiyan kheer, rabri kheer etc soon. Enjoy it cold garnished with sliced almonds, coconut and other dry fruits.
Cuisine: South Asian
|2||Almond||1/2 cup, soaked overnight or 5-6 hours|
|4||Pistachio||¼ cup, without cover, soaked for 5-6 hours|
|6||Green Cardamom (sabz ilaichi)||8-10|
Procedure for preparing Kheer:
- Soak rice for one to two hours.
- Take a pot (deghchi) and heat milk. Once it starts to boil, add soaked rice.
- Let it cook on low flame that milk doesn’t spill over. Make sure not to stir the milk using spoon or anything.
- After one hour of low flame cooking, check if milk remains 1 liter or of desired consistency/quantity.
- Add sugar and stir well. When sugar is heated, it leaves liquid. Once it is dried (cheeni ka paani khusk hojaye) and rice seem to be mixed well (chawal ek sii shakal ka lagnay lagay) then add cardamom seeds (ilaichi danay) and kewra. Turn off the flame.
- You may pour cooked kheer in bowl or traditional mitti kay bartan.
- Peel and chop soaked almonds & pistachios for garnishing of kheer. Sprinkle over top.