Biryani, the heart of recipes, topped up by bhabiskitchen special chef, a mouth-watering taste and fragrance to change the appetite of all the family around! Give them a flavor of love and care!
|2||Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tablespoons|
|3||Yogurt (Curd)||2 cups|
|4||Coriander Powder||1 tablespoon|
|5||Red Chili Powder||½ tablespoon|
|6||Turmeric Powder||½ tablespoon|
|8||Cumin (zeera) Powder||1 tablespoon|
|9||Mace (Jaivitri) Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|10||Fried Brown Onion||¼ cup|
|11||Green Chilies||3, finely chopped – for marinade|
|12||Bay Leaves (tez pata)||2 medium or 1 large|
|14||Green Cardamoms (choti ilaichi)||2-3|
|15||Black Cardamom (bari ilaichi)||2-3|
|16||Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|17||Star Anis (Badiyan Phool)||2-3|
|18||Basmati Rice||3 ½ cup|
|19||Ghee or Oil||As needed|
|20||Fresh Coriander & Mint (dhaniya Paudina)||For aroma / garnish|
How to Prepare Lucknowi Biryani:
- Take a bowl and put chicken with ginger garlic paste, yogurt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, cumin powder, mace/jaivitri powder, brown onion and chopped green chilies. Mix well and keep it marinated for 2-3 hours.
- Soak good quality basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pot (pateeli) and add whole garam masala i.e. bay leaves, cloves, black & green cardamoms.
- When they start to crackle, add chicken with marinade masala. Mix well and fry on medium heat till chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- When cooked, add fresh coriander and mint and turn off the flame.
- To cook rice, bring water to boil. Add soaked rice along with star anis, cumin seeds and salt. Do not overcook the rice. When rice seems to be cooked 60-70% (aik kanni reh jaaye), strain them through sieve (channi). Keep the rice aside.
- Now take a bigger deghchi and apply oil at the bottom – grease it.
- Add chicken masala then layer it with cooked rice. Add chicken layer again along with rice.
- Put chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Tightly cover the pot and let it simmer (dum dedein) on low flame for 15-20 minutes i.e. till rice are completely cooked.
- Serve hot with raita and salad.
Tip: Use good quality rice and thick yogurt (curd). We do not add tomatoes in this recipe; we use yogurt instead.