Lucknowi Galawati Kabab
Gear up people! Bhabi’s Kitchen is taking you to the traditional and historical kitchen of Lucknow Nawabs to enjoy the taste and softness of their famous minced galawti kababs. As the name says, ‘galawti’ means these kababs are melt-in-the-mouth pleasure. Don’t worry about the long list of spices because the end result of the hard work will be fruitful for sure. Serve these galawati kababs with paratha and minced chutney to enjoy to the fullest.
Ingredients for Lucknowi Galawati Kabab:
|1||Minced Meat||2 pound|
|2||Kashmiri Chili Powder||2 teaspoon|
|3||Green Papaya (raw)||4 tablespoon|
|4||Saffron (soaked in water)||1/2 teaspoon|
|5||Fried Onion Paste||3 tablespoon|
|6||Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
|7||Ginger Paste||1 tablespoon|
|8||Javitri Powder||1 pinch|
|9||Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
|10||Ghee/oil (for frying)||1/2 cup|
|12||Rose Water||1 teaspoon|
|13||Roasted Chick-Pea Flour||3 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Lucknowi Galawati Kabab:
- In a bowl, pour in minced meat, add all the ingredients and mix well. Let the minced meat marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Grease your hands with oil, take a ball of minced meat and give it a patty/kabab shape.
- Heat the ghee/oil in a pan and fry the kababs on medium heat. Turn over the kababs form time to time to cook evenly on both sides. As the kababs turn golden brown and softens, place them on the kitchen tissue to dry off excess ghee/oil.
- Hot mouth watering Lucknowi galawati kababs are ready to be served.
- These kababs can be freezed for weeks.
- Avoid using butter in place of ghee/oil for frying as it might burn.