Bhabi’s Kitchen presents a mouth-watering tea-time cake for you & your family. Prepare this cake using swirling technique giving a beautiful presentation to your cake. Our recipe results in moist & tender cake which would be loved by everyone! Enjoy and share your feedback by leaving comments.
|1||All-purpose flour (Maida)||10 oz.|
|2||Caster/Grinded Sugar||8 oz.|
|3||Cocoa powder||2 oz.|
|4||Baking powder||1 ½ teaspoon|
|8||Vanilla essence||1 teaspoon|
Procedure for preparing Marble Cake:
- Preheat oven at 180 degree centigrade.
- Grease the baking pan and lay parchment/brown paper on the bottom.
- Mix and sieve (filter) the maida and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat oil and sugar in a bowl till it gets creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and keep beating till they get double in size (5-7 minutes if using electric beater).
- Add milk and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Now pour in mixture of dry ingredients (maida & baking powder) gradually. Once all the ingredients are mixed, beat the mixture well with the beater for a minute or two to avoid any lumps.
- Pour 2 cups of mixture in another bowl and add cocoa powder. Beat well.
- Now pour both white and brown mixture together in baking pan.
- With tip of knife, make swirls to slightly mix the batter (gol gol design banayein).
- Make sure to fill half of the pan to give some space to cake to rise. Tap the pan on the surface to get rid of air bubbles.
- Put the pan in (centre grill of your) oven and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer/toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the centre of cake.
- Once cake is baked, put it on cooling wire or a tray to cool completely at room temperature.
Tip: Dust with icing sugar if necessary. Marble cake is usually eaten without chocolate creamy icing.