Masala Pasta Recipe
Give traditional pasta a desi and Indian twist by adding some of our Asians’ all-time favourite spices. Bhabis Kitchen is sharing a perfect recipe of Masala Pasta cooked in Indian style. A healthy and filling food option for chilled winter dinner nights or cozy afternoons.
Ingredients for Masala Pasta:
|1||Tomatoes (chopped)||2 pieces|
|3||Ginger (crushed)||1 teaspoon|
|4||Curry Leaves||10-12 pieces|
|5||Garam Masala Powder||1 ½ teaspoon|
|6||Onion (chopped)||1 large size|
|7||Green Bell Pepper (chopped)||½ piece|
|9||Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|10||Mustard Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|11||Turmeric Powder||½ teaspoon|
|12||Green Chilies||2-3 pieces|
|13||Pasta||1 ½ cups|
|14||Peas (boiled)||½ cup|
Procedure for preparing Masala Pasta:
- In a heavy pot (deghchi), boil pasta with 2-3 tablespoon oil and salt for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
- In another pan, heat remaining oil. Once hot add mustard, cumin, green chilies, curry leaves and ginger.
- Add onion and cook till turns translucent. Add tomatoes and let cook until tomatoes tender and crush. Now add bell pepper, peas, garam masala, salt, turmeric powder and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Once you see all the ingredients are well cooked, add boiled pasta. Make sure pasta is coated well with the sauce.
- Pour on to the serving tray/bowl and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Hot masala pasta is ready to be served.
- You can also add vegetables of your choice.
- Serve with chili garlic sauce or hot sauce.