Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a unique Murgh Hyderabadi dish which you will enjoy with either plain chapati/naan or steamed rice. This chicken recipe is best turned out if cooked slowly on low flame i.e. “dum style”. With a combination of whole spices and peanuts – it will surely enhance your dinner table. Try it out and share your feedback with us.
|1||Chicken||1 chicken cut up in pieces|
|3||Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|4||Turmeric Powder||½ teaspoon|
|5||Ginger Paste||2 tablespoon|
|6||Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
|7||Onion||1 medium, diced|
|8||Raw Papaya Paste (kacha papeeta)||1 teaspoon|
|9||Garam Masala Powder||1 teaspoon|
|10||Peanut (moong phalli)||1 teaspoon, powdered|
|11||Dessicated Coconut (nariyal)||2 teaspoon|
|12||Poppy Seeds (Khashkhash)||2 teaspoon|
|14||Fresh Coriander Leaves||For garnish|
|15||Green Chilies||For garnish|
|16||Lemon Juice||1 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Murgh Hyderabadi:
- Rub raw papaya paste onto chicken pieces and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot (deghchi) and fry onion till color becomes almond-like.
- Add chicken pieces and fry slowly on low flame.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger & garlic paste, garam masala powder, peanut powder, coconut and poppy seeds. Mix well.
- Now add yogurt and keep cooking the chicken (covered) on low flame till water (left of yogurt) is dried.
- Add chopped green chilies and coriander leaves along with lemon juice & let the chicken simmer for 10 minutes.
Tip: Serve with naan, chapatti or steamed rice along with fresh salad.