Bored of ordinary plain fries? Give a spicy and unique twist to your fries to make them extra ordinary by following this recipe of New York Fries with poutine gravy. Serve them with mayo garlic dip or tomato ketchup. It’s your call!
Type: Savory / Snack
|4||Beef Stock||2 cups|
|5||Plain flour||2 tablespoon|
|7||Parsley (chopped)||As needed|
|8||Cheese (grated)||As needed|
Procedure for preparing New York Fries:
- Prepare the poutine gravy by combining butter and flour in a pan. Mix well until turns brown.
- Pour in the beef stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil and let in cook in low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- To prepare the fries, boil the salted water and add in potatoes. Let them boil for 5 minutes then drain
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until turns golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot fries in a bowl. Add poutine gravy, cheddar cheese and chopped parsley on top. Serve hot.
- Beef stock can be replaced with chicken stock.
- Heat the poutine gravy before pouring on the fries.