Bored of routine ordinary chicken dishes? Well not to worry as Bhabis Kitchen is delighted to share cheap, easy and restaurant quality Orange Chicken recipe with you all. This recipe is all you need to impress your friends and family at get togethers. Serve it with plain boiled rice to enjoy its taste to the fullest. Try our recipe of Orange Chicken and let us know how it went by commenting on our website
Ingredients for orange chicken:
|1||Chicken (chest piece)||2 pieces|
|4||Orange juice||2 tablespoon|
|6||Garlic (chopped)||1/2 teaspoon|
|7||Black Pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
|8||Brown sugar||1 cup|
|9||Rice vinegar||1/3 cup|
|10||Orange zest (grated)||1 tablespoon|
|11||Soy sauce||2 1/2 tablespoon|
|12||Green onions (chopped)||2 tablespoon|
|13||Red pepper flakes||1/4 teaspoon|
|15||All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|16||Lemon juice||1/4 cup|
Procedure for preparing orange chicken:
- Clean and cut the chicken chest pieces into atleast 1 inch pieces.
- To prepare the sauce, cook water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar and soy sauce in a medium heat. Stir slowly then add orange zest, brown sugar, chopped green onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil then set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken by pouring half of the sauce into it. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Mix all-purpose flour, salt and black pepper. Coat the marinated chicken pieces into the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry chicken on both sides until turns golden brown. Place the chicken pieces on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- In the same pan, boil the remaining sauce on medium heat. Add cornstarch and some water and whisk well. Add the chicken pieces and let simmer for atleast 5 minutes. Stir the chicken occasionally.
- Pour the orange chicken on serving tray and sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds (optional) and fresh green onions.
- After frying the chicken, cover it with aluminum foil to keep it warm and moist.