Oreo Creamy Custard
Oreo Creamy Custard, a tasty treat by bhabikitchen, for both adults and kids, devise by experts to be leveled at optimum taste.
|1||Oreo Cookies (or any other chocolate cookies/biscuits)||1 pack (containing 6-8 cookies)|
|2||Melted Butter||3 tablespoons|
|6||Custard Powder (vanilla flavor)||2 tablespoons|
|7||Dairy Cream||1 pack (tetra pack available at market)|
|8||Condensed Milk||½ tin|
|9||Serving Glasses||As needed|
How to Prepare Oreo Creamy Custard:
- Crush/crumble (choora kerlein) Oreo cookies in a food processor or by putting cookies in a plastic bag then hammering it with rolling pin (koot lein).
- Take a bowl and mix together cookies crumble with melted butter (spare 1-2 tablespoons of dry cookies powder for garnishing).
- Dissolve coffee in half cup of water and pour in cookies mixture. Mix well.
- Now take this mixture and put little amount in serving glasses spreading it just as to put a thin layer.
- Refrigerate the glasses for 30 minutes to let cookies mixture set in.
- Take a pot (pateeli) and bring milk to boil. Add ½ cup of sugar and stir.
- Dissolve custard powder in water (or cold milk) and gradually pour in boiling milk stirring continuously.
- Once custard starts to get thick, turn off the flame and let it cool at room temperature (3 to 4 hours).
- When custard becomes cool, pour half pack of cream and blend/beat using hand-blender. Refrigerate.
- Take a saucepan and cook remaining half pack of cream on low flame for only 1-2 minutes. Add condensed milk while stirring continuously. Remove it from flame immediately. Make sure “bubble” do not appear in this mixture. Keep it aside to cool.
- Take the serving glasses and pour prepared custard mixture as second layer.
- For third layer, pour cooked mixture of cream and condensed milk.
- Sprinkle leftover cookies powder/crumble to garnish. Serve chilled.
Tip: For garnishing, you can put jelly cubes and chocolate syrup as well.