A BBQ of it’s kind, a treat you will never forget, Paneer Achari Tikka is one of the most mouth watering dish for cheese lovers. A BBQ loved by both kids and Adults. You can Bake it,G rill it or Pan fry its your choice!
Cuisine: North Indian/All
Type: BBQ / Snack
|1||Paneer / Cottage Cheese||250 grams sliced into cubes|
|2||Capsicum||1 large, diced|
|5||Corn or Gram Flour (besan)||2 tablespoons|
|6||Ginger garlic paste||1 tablespoon|
|7||Lemon juice||1 teaspoon|
|8||Turmeric powder||½ teaspoon|
|9||Red chili powder||½ teaspoon|
|10||Mustard oil||1 teaspoon|
|For Achari Masala|
|1||Mustard seeds (sarson kay beech ya raii)||2 teaspoon|
|2||Fennel seeds (saunf)||2 teaspoon|
|3||Nigella seeds (Kalonji)||½ teaspoon|
|4||Fenugreek seeds (methi)||½ teaspoon|
|5||Dry red chilies||2 to 3 (deseeded / bagher beech)|
How to cook Paneer Achari Tikka:
- First, take all ingredients of achari masala and grind them into a fine powder. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt and add prepared achari masala and all ingredients from number 5 to 11.
- Mix everything and check the taste. Add more salt or red chili powder as per your taste.
- Add onions (halved and layered), capsicum and paneer cubes into the mixture.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the marinade for one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees 20 minutes before grilling.
- Insert marinated paneer, onions and capsicum into bamboo sticks or skewers one by one.
- Put aluminum foil over baking tray and spread paneer tikka.
- Apply some oil over paneer before starting the grill.
- Place the tray over middle rack in oven and grill for 15 to 20 minutes (depends on your oven)
- When edges of paneer start to become brown, grilling is done.
Pan Frying (for those who don’t have oven or grill)
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil on a non-stick frying pan.
- Fry paneer tikka on low flame to avoid burning of marinade quickly.
- Keep turning the sides of tikka when browned and crisped.
Tip: Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges. Serve with rice or chapatti.