Aloo Poori with bhabiskitchen recipe, a breakfast your loved ones would love to eat. it’s not just about breakfast its about bringing the family together , exchange some smiles and share some good moments with some really yummy food to enjoy as well. Prepare Aloo poori by bhabiskitchen and share your love and care!
Type: Curry / Breakfast
|1||All-purpose flour (maida)||2 cup|
|2||Chakki or Fine Flour||1 cup|
|4||Cumin Seeds (zeera)||1 teaspoon|
|5||Salt||1 teaspoon or to taste|
|6||Oil||For deep frying|
|For Aloo Bhujiya:|
|7||Potatoes||4 medium, roughly chopped|
|8||Green Chilies||2, chopped|
|9||Fenugreek Seeds (methi dana)||1 teaspoon|
|10||Cumin Seeds (zeera)||1 teaspoon|
|11||Nigella Seeds (kilonji)||1 teaspoon|
|13||Crushed Red Chilies (kuti laal mirch)||1 ½ teaspoon|
|14||Turmeric Powder (haldi)||½ teaspoon|
|15||Coriander Powder||½ teaspoon|
|16||Mix Pickle (achaar)||2 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Poori with Aloo Bhujiya:
- In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour with ghee, flour, cumin seeds and salt.
- Knead with lukewarm water to form a hard dough and keep it covered for 30 minutes.
- Make small round balls and flatten them using rolling pin (bailan) in circular shape. Apply oil while rolling to avoid sticking to the rolling pin.
- Heat oil in a wok and put one poori at a time. Try pressing poori while being fried; this will cause poori to fluff.
- Using slotted spoon or sieve (channi) to take out poori (when both sides are turned golden) on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- To prepare aloo bhujiya, heat oil in a pot (deghchi) and fry cumin, methi dana and kilonji.
- Once they start to crackle (karkaranay lagein), add chopped potatoes.
- Fry on high heat while adding seasoning i.e. salt, turmeric, coriander powder & crushed red chilies.
- Add 1 cup of water and let potatoes cook on low flame till tender. Do not let water to dry out completely.
- Once cooked, roughly crush them using back of spoon (ghont lein).
- Add mix pickle (achar) and chopped green chilies. Mix well.
Tip: Serve pooriyan with Sooji Halwa and Chana Salan. Try our Chana Curry recipe here at bhabiskitchen.