Treated as a snack Potato Cheese Balls are a delicious treat for kids and adults, being cooked at breakfast, lunch Hi-Tea or dinner. Enjoy this recipe with your friends
|1||Potatoes||½ kg, boiled and peeled|
|3||Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
|4||Chaat Masala||½ teaspoon|
|5||Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|6||Roasted Cumin Powder (bhunna zeera)||½ teaspoon|
|7||Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese||1 cup, grated|
|9||Breadcrumbs||As needed for coating|
How to Cook Potato Cheese Balls:
- Mash boiled potatoes and mix salt, pepper, chaat masala, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder.
- Make small balls of potatoes mixture and put grated (kaddu kash) cheese inside the balls.
- Dip potato balls in beaten egg mixture then roll in breadcrumbs. Coat well.
- Heat oil in a deep wok/karahi and fry potato balls at medium heat till they turn golden-brown.
- Take out fried balls on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of cooked balls. Serve hot.
Tip: Serve with tomato ketchup or green chutney.