Prawn Masala Biryani
This winter season, prepare everyone’s favorite Biryani with Prawns – little different than usual. Bhabi’s Kitchen brings you a spicy & chatpatti Prawn Masala Biryani recipe with easy-to-follow step by step instructions. Serve it warm with raita and salad to your friends & family. Do give it a try and let us know how it turned out by leaving comment on our website (or Facebook).
|2||Onion||250 grams, sliced|
|3||Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tablespoon|
|5||Red Chilli Powder||1 teaspoon|
|6||Tomato Paste||½ cup|
|8||Garam Masala Powder||2 teaspoon|
|9||Lemon Juice||juice of 2-3 lemons|
|10||Coriander Leaves||Chopped for garnish|
|11||Mint Leaves (paudina)||Chopped for garnish|
|12||Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|14||Oil||1 ½ cup|
Procedure for preparing Prawn Masala Biryani:
- Soak rice for 30 minutes at least.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pot and fry sliced onions until color changes to golden-brown. Take the onion out on a plate. Once cooled at room temperature, grind it (or crush with hands).
- Put washed prawns into same ghee/oil and sauté gently on low flame.
- After 5-10 minutes, add tomato paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice along with salt, red chili powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry prawns to mix the seasoning well. Now add yoghurt and grinded fried brown onion.
- Keep stirring occasionally to fry it well. Check prawns if they are cooked or not. If not, add water enough to cook the prawns and let it cook till water dries out.
- In another pot/vessel, boil soaked rice with salt, cinnamon stick and cloves. Once 3/4th cooked (do kanni), drain the water.
- To finalize biryani, put layer of half cooked rice at the bottom of the pot then pour half of prawn masala mixture. Repeat this step again.
- Put chopped coriander and mint leaves and close the pot tightly.
- Let the rice simmer on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle some yellow food color. Prawn masala biryani is ready to be served.
Tip: Serve with raita and salad of your choice.