Got some leftover white rice in your fridge from last night’s dinner? Bhabi’s Kitchen is sharing a useful recipe to bring these rice to a good use. Prepare crunchy Rice Vegetable Cutlets and enjoy at tea-time with ketchup & mayo-dip. You can also freeze and fry when needed. Try it out and share your feedback with us!
|1||Boiled Rice (leftover or fresh)||1 cup|
|3||Onion||½ cup, chopped|
|4||Carrot||½ cup, grated|
|6||Cabbage||½ cup, chopped|
|7||Spinach (optional)||½ cup, chopped|
|9||Salt and black pepper||To taste|
|10||Cumin seeds (zeera)||1 teaspoon|
|11||Red Chili powder||1 teaspoon|
|12||Chaat Masala||1 teaspoon|
|14||Garam Masala Powder||½ teaspoon|
|15||Egg||1, lightly beaten|
Procedure for preparing Rice Vegetable Cutlets
- Boil potatoes and all vegetables except onion. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a saucepan and fry cumin seeds for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion and let it fry till transparent. Now add all boiled vegetables. Mix well.
- Add salt, black pepper, red chili, garam masala powder and chaat masala.
- Now add boiled rice and mix well. Turn off flame after 2 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Once mixture is cool, make long shaped cutlets (or kababs). Dip cutlets in lightly beaten egg and roll into breadcrumbs. Coat well.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and shallow fry cutlets turning sides till golden in color.
- Put fried cutlets on kitchen tissue to absorb excess oil.
Tip: A very good recipe to avoid wasting leftover rice. You can be creative in giving shapes to cutlets. Also, add cheese or mayonnaise for enriched flavor.