Bhabis Kitchen is sharing spicy, tasty and easy to make Saag Gosht recipe. A perfect desi homemade dinner item that gives an immense pleasure to your friends and family especially if served with baajra roti. Try our recipe and enjoy the pleasures of pre winter family and friends dinner get togthers!
Ingredients for Saag Gosht:
|2||Olive Oil||5 tablespoon|
|4||Red Chili Powder||1 tablespoon|
|6||Green Chilies||5 pieces|
|7||Bay Leaves||2 pieces|
|8||Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|10||Green Cardamom||6 pieces|
|11||Black Cardamom||2 pieces|
|13||Onions (sliced)||3 pieces|
|14||Garlic (chopped)||6-8 cloves|
|15||Ginger Garlic Paste||2 tablespoon|
Procedure for preparing Saag Gosht:
- Boil spinach leaves in salt water for a minute and grind with green chilies.
- In a pan, heat oil then fry bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamom and cumin. Then add sliced onion, chopped ginger, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and mutton. Fry all the ingredients on high flame for few minutes and keep stirring.
- Add 3-4 cups of water and let mutton cook for 30-35 minutes or until it tenders.
- Once mutton is cooked, add salt and spinach paste and mix well.
- Sprinkle coriander or green onion leaves.
- Saag gosht is ready to be served with hot naan.
- Mutton can be replaced with meat or chicken.
- Always add salt in mutton after it is cooked. Otherwise mutton hardens and takes much time to tender.