Saudi lamb with rice
Saudi lamb with rice is a special dish by bhabiskitchen, optimized to taste, a delicious recipe whose fragrance will change your appetite to the max of it.
|1||Lean lamb meat||1kg|
|2||Onions, chopped||2 nos.|
|4||Cinnamon powder||1 ½ teaspoon|
|5||Cardamom powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|6||Black pepper||1 ½ teaspoon|
|7||Almond toasted||1/4 cup|
|8||Pine nuts toasted||1/4 cup|
|9||Olive oil to fry meat/ Cooking oil/ Butter||1 ½ cup|
|10||Ginger garlic paste (optional if you want to reduce the smell of meat)||1 ½ Teaspoon|
|12||Tomatoes (2 big tomatoes cut in thick slices)||2 nos|
|13||Green Chilli (big)||4 to 5 pieces|
|11||Salt||As per taste|
How to cook Saudi lamb with rice:
- Add water to rice to be cooked for 2 hours or more before start cooking. Drain this water in to the sink completely or read note below.
- Brown lamb, onions and ginger garlic paste over medium heat in olive oil/Cooking oil/butter, in a large pan. Season with salt, pepper, cinnamon and cardamom. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Now Add enough hot water to cover the lamb. Add tomatoes and green Chilli , cover pan and heat on low flame until lamb is tender.
- Drain the lamb soup, preserving it in a measuring cup. Add enough water to the lamb soup to measure three cups.
- Pour the lamb soup into saucepan and boil it. Add the rice. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Let rice cook for 30 minutes, while lamb and onions are kept warm in the oven.
- Takeout the rice in a serving platter. Top with lamb meet and fried onions and garnish with toasted almonds and pine nuts.
Note: Don’t waste water in your homes, you can use the water to be drained from rice in the sink, to water you flower pots. Bhabiskithcen policy is conserve the environment and nature around us for our generations to come. Love nature conserve nature!