Bhabis Kitchen brings a unique Italian bread to lift the taste of your salad or soup. These crunchy, long and thin sesame breadsticks dates back to 16th century and are still loved by people around the globe.
Ingredients for sesame breadsticks:
|1||All Purpose Flour||1 -1/2 cup|
|4||Warm Water||1 cup|
|6||Bread Flour||1-1/2 cup|
|8||Sesame Seeds (toasted)||1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon for topping|
|9||Sesame Oil||2 tablespoon|
|10||Egg white (lightly beaten)||1 piece|
Procedure for preparing sesame breadsticks:
- Pre heat oven at 220 degree centigrade. Grease baking pan and lay parchment paper on the bottom.
- Combine honey and yeast into 1/4 cup warm water. Mix and let it rest until foamy.
- Mix toasted sesame seeds, salt, sugar, all-purpose flour and bread flour in a bowl. Pour in remaining warm water, sesame oil and yeast mixture. Mix well until all the ingredients combine and form a ball.
- Knead the dough on floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Add in more flour if needed to prevent the dough from sticking on the surface. Once kneaded well, place it in greased bowl and cover with cling film or kitchen towel. Let it rise until its double in size.
- After around 1 hour, punch down the dough and let it rest for few more minutes. Roll the dough into rectangle and cut atleast 1 inch wide strips using sharp knife or pizza cutter. Transfer the bread strips to baking pans.
- Brush beaten egg white on top of the strips and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. Cover with cling film or kitchen towel and let it rise for atleast 1 hour.
- Bake breadsticks in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and hard on the outside.
- Serve warm with soup or salad.
- You can substitute all-purpose flour with whole wheat or white flour.
- Twist the strips to add in design to your breadsticks.