Shahi Murgh Recipe by BhabisKitchen is one of the most delicious, mouth watering dish you will ever find , with a taste and fragrance that will win the heart of special ones! Try it out give a shahi protocol to the King and Queen of your heart and see how it will become a win win situation.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Onions 2 big- Cricket ball size or bigger
- Tomato mashed ½ small (ping Pong ball size)
- Garlic Ginger Paste 2 tblSp
- Yogurt(Dahi) 2 ½ cups
- Butter 3 tblsp
- Oil 2 cups ( or as required)
- Cinemon (Daar-cheeni) 1 tsp
- Clove Grinded (Long) 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Cardamom (Choti-elaechi) 6 pieces (grind them)
- Black pepper 5 to 6 pieces
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp( Or as needed)
- Zafraan ½ tsp (soak and mix in 2 tblsp of warm water)
- Salt 1tsp ( Or as needed)
- Almonds 15 to 20 pieces cut in small thin pieces
How to Cook Shahi Murgh :
- Heat the oil, add 1 tbls spoon of butter in oil and then fry the sliced onion until golden brown.
- On a medium flame, add ginger garlic paste, ½ mashed tomato, Cinemon powder , Clove powder, Turmeric powder, Cardamom powder, Black pepper 5 to 6 pieces , Red chili powder , Salt.
- Fry thoroughly the mixture, till the oil separates from the masala or oil bubbles up from the masala.
- Now on a low flame add chicken and fry in the same masala till chicken becomes golden brown.
- Now add yougurt and one and half cup water in the same masala and mix thoroughly, leave it cooking on a low flame till the gravy reduces and becomes thick.
- Add zafaron water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame.
- Fry thin sliced almonds in 2 tblsp of butter till light golden brown.
- Add the fried almond with butter on the cooked shahi Murgh and stop the flame mmediately
- Cover the dish immediately after closing the flame for at-least, 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve the Shahi Murg with garlic naan or Tandoori roti
PS: It is recommended to cook SHAHI MURGH on low or medium flame to get the desired taste, flavor and fragrance.